Wednesday, May 18, 2005

She's off the needles...

I will not be defeated. I took "Loll" off the needles, I knew I wasn't happy with her. Mrs. Ripperbacker has not entered the scene yet, but "Loll" is out of my sight, in a bag, hidden at the bottom of my stash. I conquered the problems with her. I could do the time consuming bobbles...I am not defeated.

On another note, I have started a baby blanket for Maria (she knits with me all the time, I don't think she reads my blog!). She is due the first week of July, so I thought I better get on something. She didn't find out the sex this time, so I took out my cream coloured knit picks "Shine" and started this blanket from Debbie Bliss "Special Knits".



So far, so good. It is a simple pattern, and it really looks nice in the shine. Perfect for babies because it is machine washable. Let me tell you what comes out of babies and gets all over everything...it must be machine washable! This is her 4th child...there is no time for handwashing baby blankets!
Practical sock is done...one down, one to go...I will post a picture of the pair!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks great! Do you find the shine is soft? I have to try this yarn.

Is it possible to leave the bobble/seed stitch on Loll and just redo the ribbing part? or maybe this is wishful thinking..

Tara said...

R.I.P. Loll. What a pity! I wonder if that's a common problem with Calmer.

The baby blanket is beautiful though. I love it when baby things aren't knitted in the traditional pink and blue...or even green or yellow. You've got a lucky friend!

goodkarma said...

Oh, that baby blanket is so precious!

Anonymous said...

Good for you! If all of us had the courage to stop bad WIPs before they became bad FOs, it would be a much prettier world out there! The blankie looks very cute!

Nana Sadie said...

Love the blanket! What a great pattern and you are so very right, baby items must be machine washable...
(((hugs)))